Champions League, 7.45pm, Sky Sports 2, Free £10 bet
Arsenal have lost on their last three trips to Ukraine, and have also failed to win their last three away games in Russia: the former Soviet Union is to Arsenal in Europe what the North West is to them domestically. Despite this, the bookies still make the Gunners favorites and chickendinner believe they will triumph tonight. Here’s why…
1. Arsenal have lost just two of their last 24 Champions League group matches.
2. The Gunners have won their opening group game in each of the last four seasons.
3. And in three of the last four seasons they have been victorious in their opening away game.
4. Arsene Wenger’s side have been beaten on just one of their last six trips abroad in the Champions League.
5. The Gunners have kept three consecutive clean sheets whilst scoring 11 goals since their 1-0 defeat to Fulham.
6. Dynamo Kiev are not as strong as they were when they last beat Arsenal in 2003-04. They haven’t won any of their last 12 Champions League group games and lost all six last year.
More betting information
» There have been 14 goals scored in Kiev’s last four home games against English opposition – which averages out to 3.5 goals a game.
» The first goal in all three of Kiev’s home group games last year was scored in the opening fifteen minutes.
» Robin Van Persie has scored first in Arsenal’s last two games but has only twice scored in three or more consecutive games for the Gunners.