Unlucky official in charge of biggest game of the season
The ref for Wednesday’s humdinger is going to be Lubos Michel, a Slovakian gentleman who appears to have little time for swish people from London. Oh well, at least you can find comfort in a bottle of expensive sparkling wine, Chelsea fans.
Below are five terrifying Lubos stats that surely spell curtains:
* The last two times that he has refereed Chelsea they have lost 1-0.
* He awarded Luis Garcia that goal, which sent Jose Mourinho mad – he described it as a ‘ghost goal’.
* The last three times he has refereed a Manchester United game, they have won.
* The last four times he’s officiated games involving London clubs, the London clubs have all lost.
* He has officiated thirteen European and international games since the last time a team in blue won one of his games.